Learn the legal requirements for starting and running a UK business with this 8-hour self-study course. Crack on with confidence knowing your business is legal and compliant.
You’re ready to start your new business. But you haven’t got the foggiest about the legal side of things.
- Should you be a sole trader or limited company?
- How do you even set that up?
- What laws apply to your business?
- How do you comply with legislation?
- Do you need a license to trade?
- Is insurance compulsory?
- What about tax? ARGH!
And there’s that little niggle of doubt - worrying you might accidentally be on the wrong side of the law - that undermines your peace of mind.
We’re here to help you banish those worries, so you can start your new business with cast-iron confidence.
And instead of losing sleep about HMRC or the HSE knocking on your door, you can focus on creating a kickass business you LOVE… knowing it follows the very letter of the law.
How you’ll learn
You’ll learn online at a pace that suits you. Join others in live tutorial sessions, led by our expert tutors, or watch workshops on demand.
In typical Smarta style, your tutors Tracey and Colin will be joined by a cast of characters that make learning fun, and complex topics easy to grasp.
Finish this course about the legal requirements for setting up a UK business and you’ll get an accreditation towards a level 2 business qualification. Plus the well-deserved swagger of a total BOSS.
What you’ll learn
This 8-hour course on small business legal essentials teaches you how to:
- set up your business as a legal entity
- ensure it’s legal, compliant, and safe for all involved.
It might sound like a snoozefest - but trust us, you’ll sleep better knowing you’ve done it.
- Common UK business structures
- Alternative business structures
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Tax requirements
- Technicalities of limited companies
- How to register your business
Regulation and compliance:
- Health and safety
- Business insurances
- IP and copyright
Your business and the law:
- Legal basics that apply to all businesses
- Identifying additional laws that may apply to your specific business
- Employment law
- Data protection and GDPR
After completing this course you'll be able to:
Select the appropriate legal status for your business
- Identify different types of legal status available to a business
- Review the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of legal status
- Choose the appropriate legal status for your business
Comply with legal requirements of setting up and running a business
- Identify legal requirements that might affect your business
- Review the impact of legal requirements on setting up and running your business
- Know how to comply with legal requirements and what help is available to you
Reserve your place on Letter of the Law now