APPLICATIONS ASSISTANT, GATESHEAD
FULL TIME (37.5 hours a week)
PERMANENT & FIXED TERM (6 MONTH) POSITIONS AVAILABLE
SALARY £19,200 / £1,600 (per month)
We require an Applications Assistant on full time basis for our busy office in Gateshead. We are offering both a Permanent and Fixed term (6 month) position in this role.
The role will involve general administration duties, data entry and management, analysis of loan applications to determine eligibility, client communication and management, and ensuring efficient processing of enquiries.
You must have a friendly personality, get on well with everyone, love working with customers, have the ability to get your work done without too much supervision and thrive on the challenges that a small business environment brings. If you have a negative attitude and just see clients as an inconvenience, then this isn't the job for you.
Transmit Startups is a business that provides business support, funding and mentoring to small businesses throughout England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. We have a number of contracts to deliver both national and regional business support programmes.
We currently consist of 15 employees and we are seeking a new team member to help with increased volumes over the next 6 months (and potentially beyond).
This is a good opportunity for someone to work for a dynamic company. We work hard but enjoy being at the office which creates a good atmosphere.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
We require somebody with experience in client liaison, data entry and administration, who can perform the following duties:
• Communicate clearly with clients, including responding to telephone, email and live chat enquiries
• Enter and maintain customer information in online databases and software programmes
• Make decisions on client eligibility based on the information they provide, including personal credit data
• Analyse and make decisions on ID documents provided by clients
• Manage the status of clients through a loan application process
• Provide a link between clients using Transmit's services, internal business advisors and management
• Keep the customer as the primary focus, even when dealing with challenging situations
• Liaise with the organisations who oversee the programmes delivered by Transmit
• Use customer relationship management (CRM) systems
• File management (mainly electronic)
• Complete, maintain and process paperwork for the programmes delivered by Transmit
• General office duties (distributing post, scanning, copying, shredding, keeping things organised and tidy etc)
Person Specification and Requirements
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be a quick learner
• Have a positive and proactive attitude
• Be structured and organised
• Have a keen eye for detail
• Be customer-focused, able to react to customer needs to ensure satisfaction
• Be friendly, have a good sense of humour and be a good communicator
• Be a team player and contribute to effective team working
• Be able to adapt and respond positively to change
• Be able to work to time-based deadlines and manage multiple activities
• Be competent with Microsoft Office, data entry, email and websites, plus able to learn new software (our systems include Capsule CRM, Dropbox, Dapulse, Experian Blueprint, TextMagic and Small PDF)
• Be able to treat sensitive information in a confidential manner
To apply please send a covering email explaining why you are well suited to the role, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 6th February 2018